Contact me here.
View and listen to my interview on the Innovation Show with Aidan McCullen.
View and listen to my interview on StraightTalk with Af Malhotra.
A month-long learning initiative in India around the gig mindset. Clubhouse chats, online interviews and a webinar with leading organizational thinkers in India. Organized by Founding Fuel who also did a profile of my 25 years of experience.
Subscribe to Inside Outsider, my bi-weekly newsletter on LinkedIn.
You can also subscribe to Bold New Breed, my monthly newsletter on Substack.
I am a member of the Harvard Business Review Advisory Council, an opt-in research community of business professionals.
Practitioner: firsthand strategic advising
Firsthand strategic advising: I advised global organizations on their internal digital strategies and organizational culture evolution for over 20 years from the late 90’s through 2016. I retired from this activity in 2017.
Alstom Group, Switzerland
Boehringer Ingelheim, Germany
Damartex Group, France
Electricité de France
GDF Suez, France
Groupe SEB, France
Neopost Industries, France
OMV Petrom, Austria, Romania
Pernod Ricard, France
Richemont (Cartier, Switzerland
Kering (previously PPR), France
VINCI Energies, France
- UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Geneva
- United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, New York
- United Nations Secretariat, New York
- UNAIDS – Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, Geneva
- IFRC – International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Geneva
Thinking partner sessions
I have given briefings to management in different industries. This is usually in the form of very short online sessions of 2 or 3 hours with the objective of opening eyes and triggering awareness of the reality of our new era in the workplace. I help leaders envisage how they can define actionable (versus theoretical) strategies and mobilize their organization.
- Global consumer goods organization, France
- Key player in the financial transactions industry, France
- Global industrial company in a merger context, US & France
- International textile company in Europe
- Global manufacturing company in Germany
- Executive Round Table organized by the Peter Drucker Forum Europe, the Harvard Business Review and Roland Berger, Munich
- Major French bank and insurance group, France
- Government infrastructure agency, Europe
- Global chemical company, Germany
- Global technology company, Stockholm
- Global construction company, Paris
- Nuclear safety government agency, Europe
- Leading luxury brands group, Europe
12 years of research and reports
First wave: the organization in the digital age
I conducted 10 annual surveys on the internal digital work environments of organizations between 2006 and 2016. Each year I published a report. The 10th annual survey report was published in November 2016: The Organization in the Digital Age. Approximately 300 organizations participated each year.
Second wave: the gig mindset inside organizations
As of 2018, my research focused on the gig mindset inside organizations. This led to the book described here and the inspiration for the podcast Bold New Breed.
Profile of myself and my work
From Profiles in Knowledge by Stan Garfield, longtime, leading community facilitator in the field of knowledge. Stan covers nearly all my career here!
The blend: how analyst and practitioner came together
Unlike many analysts whose work is based on research and reading, my analytical work is grounded in 20 years of front line advising with large organizations, and supplemented by data from my 12 years of research.
I defined a foundational framework in 2013 using data and insights from several years of annual surveys. It became a reference point for organizations on their digital transformation travels.
Me and chez moi
The past and the present
Born in Nebraska, young days in Arizona and university in California, I now live in Provence, just minutes away from the Roman Pont du Gard. The dignity and timelessness of the site are a constant reminder of the balance I (and we all) need between the past and the present.