- “The survey from Jane McConnell on changing attitudes to work and the “gig mindset” is the best 15 mins you’ll spend on the Internet.”
- “Thank you for this survey and letting me be aware of the gig mindset. New perspective to think about organizational culture.”
The Global Advisory Board
My Partners on the Path
Whenever I do research, as I have annually since 2006, I start by creating a global Advisory Board. This ensures a diverse perspective on the topic. The gig mindset was no different!
Off we went, in long online conversations, figuring out what we wanted to learn.
- How does the gig mindset differ from a traditional approach to work?
- Is it just a question of nuance, of degree, or are there real, meaningful differences?
- Does management resist or embrace it?
- Does it help or harm individual career development?
- Does it build resilience, and trigger innovation inside the organization?
- Or on the other hand, does it create disorder and increase risk?
With the help of the Global Advisory Board, I defined eight behaviors with two extremes: traditional mindset versus gig mindset.
297 Participants Worldwide
The first phase of the research involved 297 people from around the world. A healthy balance between countries and continents. Next time around, I want to get more from Latin America and Africa.
See the global participation here.