What people are saying
Reader profiles and what to expect from the book
Stories from the future, case studies in the book
About the research
Gig mindset traits explored in the research
Checklists: questions to consider (pragmatic and strategic)
What is your profile?
Profile 1. Individual perspective from inside an organization
- You will see whre you are on the gig-traditional spectrum and how you can develop more gig-mindset traits, as part of a personal risk management strategy.
- You will gain a sense of identity, thereby legitimacy, as you work in gig-mindset ways that may have previously caused you problems.
- You will see examples and practical ideas that will help you, as a gig-mindsetter, to overcome obstacles and succeed in bringing positive impact to your organization.
- You will be better able to conceptualize and verbalize your contribution to the organization because it may not fall into normal HR categories.
Profile 2. Department, team and community managers
- You will learn how to create conditions for your people to build resilience in themselves as well as within the organization.
- You will discover new ways to facilitate learning and sharing within teams and groups.
- You will see guidelines to consider about how you can help your teams become more autonomous and responsible.
- You will understand the benefits of working out loud and see how to organize it.
Profile 3. Senior managers and leaders
- You will learn how to develop a personalized narrative around the gig mindset for internal communication.
- You will see strategic guidance to be considered, along with examples of organizational practices to build a work culture that cultivates the gig mindset.
- You will discover a method for navigating the polarities of the gig mindset versus the traditional mindset in order to achieve a flexible, appropriate balance. This will be invaluable as you work to propagate the gig mindset in your organization.
- Most importantly, you will see how gig mindset behaviors and attitudes can become part of your own personal leadership style.