The report has 106 pages, data charts and tables, and includes extensive case studies and interviews. See the list with short descriptions of the cases and interviews.
Read the table of contents here for both versions.
This 10th annual global survey included 311 people from 27 countries. The data were collected in the second quarter of 2016. Participants responded to an in-depth online survey of over 100 questions.
Request a free copy of the Executive Summary. See how to purchase the report.
TABLE OF CONTENTS: LONG VERSION
About the Research
From Vision to Reality
- Where We are Today
- Goals and Strategies
- Keys to an Actionable Strategy
- Interview: Haydn Shaughnessy on Platforms and Ecosystems
People and Work Practices
- Digital Capabilities
- From Digital Capability to Practice
- Trust and Work Cultures
- People Data Analysis
- Case: Air Liquide: Focus on People, not Tools
- Case: NMCRS: Transformation in a Fluid Organization
At the Edges
- The Customer-Facing Workforce
- Success Factor Checklist
- Customer Data Strategies
- Ingredients for a Customer Data Strategy
- Case: The Guardian: The Next Strategy
- Case: Australian DTO: Digital-by-Default
Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Strong Digital Capabilities Around Collaboration
- Horizontal Energy
- Lean, Agile and Open
- Case: Danish Demining Group: Innovation in the Field
- Interview:Alice Obrecht on Innovation and the Success-Fail Spectrum
In Search of Fluidity
- Mobile Workforce
- Simplifying and Socializing Processes
- Elastic Workforces
- Case: Société Générale: Digital For All
- Interview: Workplace Design: Digital and Analogue Accommodation
Learning and Remembering
- Learning in the Flow
- Remembering What We Know
- Interview: Anne Rogers on Information as a Service
- Case: Merck: Transforming From the Inside Out
Decision-Making and Investments
- Factors That Influence Investment Decisions
- Investment Priorities
- Decisions Based on Data and Outcome
- Case: ALE (Alcatel Lucent Enterprise) – The Outcome Effect
- Interview: Filip Callewaert on Lean Knowledge Culture
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Change Influencers
- Workable Transformation Strategy
- Senior Sponsorship
- Cross-Organizational Sharing
- Entrepreneurial Work Culture
Click to expand the image of the Table of Contents: yellow highlighting shows what is included in the Short Version.
More information here about the differences.
You can see the Table of Contents for previous reports here.