…… Part of The Basics series. First published in March 2013 ……
The digital workplace is disruptive for 3 major reasons:
- It breaks silos and structures.
- It challenges the traditional roles of HR, Communication and IT.
- It empowers people.
Concerns and approaches? Take a look at the presentation below.
This disruption triggers two major types of concerns:
- “Wasting time” and business value
- Information security
How to advance the “digital workplace mode” in your organization? Three approaches are proposed at the end of the presentation.
- Make it real through personas and linking them together through common processes.
- Work on the big picture. A model is proposed.
- Leverage people: co-workers, champions.
Please note that the slides are talking points for a 45-minute presentation. In the preconference workshop ‘Defining your digital workplace” we worked in much more detail on these approaches, specifically on the DW model.
Disruptive digital workplace: 3 approaches (click through)