Digital Workplace Trends 2012 – unlike other intranet research
Digital Workplace Trends 2012 differs from other intranet research for 3 reasons.
- It covers the broad scope of the “digital workplace”: the managed, social collaborative and mobile dimensions.
- It defines “leadership class” organizations and gives you facts and figures for your own strategies and business cases.
- It deals with real, current challenges because the survey itself is developed in collaboration with the participating organizations.
1. The digital workplace scope: the reality of online work environments today
This broad, comprehensive scope corresponds to the reality of the eco-system of enterprise platforms and tools offered to today’s workforces in most organizations. It covers the managed, social collaborative and mobile dimensions of people’s online work environments.
2. The leadership class and what they do differently
Looking at what leadership class organizations are doing, the report provides facts and figures you can act on in your own strategies and business cases. The leadership class is made up of enterprises that have responded “yes” to one of the following 3 criteria:
- The intranet or digital workplace is the “way of working” in the organization, that is to say “the essential place for accessing all or most of what people need to work”.
- Internal social collaboration has become well-established enterprise-wide or well-established within some parts of the organization.
- A fully functioning, high-level digital board makes strategic decisions for both internal and external digital channels ranging from the intranet to external web sites, and including collaboration and social networking.
3. Current challenges and tangible value
The report deals with current challenges; it delivers tangible value because it is based on on-going collaboration with organizations around the world. The survey and report started in 2006 with 100 organizations around the world. Since then, it has grown to include over 450 organizations, some of whom have participated since the beginning. Each year survey topics are selected interactively with the intranet practitioners themselves, as well as with experts around the world. This ensures that the report will deliver value based around current issues and challenges.