Call for ‘Digital Workplace Trends’ Advisory Board
I am inviting intranet and digital workplace practitioners to participate in the newly created Advisory Board for the 7th annual survey: Intranet and Digital Workplace Trends.
The members of the Advisory Board will participate in key actions concerning the survey and report:
- Help identify topics and questions for this year’s survey
- Provide guidance on language and formulation of the questions
- Pilot test the survey itself
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of the data around specific topics
Members of the Advisory Board may:
- Be involved in one or more of the activities listed above, depending on their availability and specific interests.
- Choose to be listed publicly as a member of the Board. If for organizational policy reasons this is not possible, they will be identified generically (e.g. “digital leader in a global healthcare company”).
Requirements for membership in the Board:
- Be an intranet/collaboration/digital practitioner inside an organization
- Be from any size and type of organization: public or public sector, association, NGO, etc.
- Have a minimum of approximately one hour of time to contribute, more if possible.
Vendors, agencies and solution providers have important perspectives on intranets and digital workplaces. I welcome and value their suggestions and comments about the survey and the report. However, the Advisory Board itself will be limited to practitioners.
Digital Workplace Trends 2013: from what to how
This year the focus is moving from “what” to “how”. I plan to explore:
- high-level trends in the intranet/digital workplace
- how they correspond to the big picture: new ways of management (“2.0″)
- how social collaboration is impacting organizational processes
- business value of social collaboration in the digital workplace and how it’s measured
- how the intranet/digital workplace services the customer-facing workforce
- how the intranet/digital workplace serves floor-field workforces*
- change facilitation initiatives and how they are conducted and measured
- how employee/workforce engagement is facilitated
- how organizations are dealing with demand for mobile access and services
Help shape our understanding of the role of the intranet and digital workplace in our organizations.
If you would like to be involved, get in touch and give me an idea of how you would like to contribute. I’ll then send you a link to the online collaboration space we will be using over the course of the project.
- – -
* See point 4 in this post: http://netjmc.com/digital-workplace/digital-workplace-trends-2012-published-on-december-12th-2011